Back & Neck Community
Neck Pain & Low Back Pain. Right-sided Pain. Evaluate for disc Hern...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Neck Pain & Low Back Pain. Right-sided Pain. Evaluate for disc Herniation

Here is my MRI Report
MRI OF THE LUMBAR SPINE WITHOUT CONTRAST

HISTORY: Low Back Pain. Right-sided Pain. Evaluate for disc Herniation

FINDINGS: There is straighening of the mid to upper lumbar lordosis, suggesting muscle spasm or sprain. There is a schmorl's node formation at the superior endplate of L4 and some endplate signal changes inferiorly at L3. The vertebral marrow signal is otherwise unremarkable. Mild disc space narrowing is at L3-4. The other disc space heights preserved.Some disc desiccation occurs at L2-3 and L3-4. The vertebral body heights are maintianed. The conus appears unremarkable and ends near L1-2.
At T12-L1, there is a mild broad disc bulge, but more prominent centrally. The L1-2 disc is unremarkable.L2-3 shows some mild broad disc bulging. The L3-4 level contains a central disc protrusion with superimposed broad disc bulging. Foraminal narrowing occurs on the bilaterally.

At L4-5, a broad disc bulge flattens the thecal sac and combines with posterior elements to narrow both neural foramina. L5-S1 contains a broad disc bulge. No spinal stenosis or paraspinous mass is present.

IMPRESSION:
1. Central disc protrusion at L3-4.
2. Disc bulges occur at T12-L1 and L2-3 to L5-S1.
3. Foraminal narrowing occurs on both sides at L4-5 and L3-4 , with clinical correlation recommended for corresponding radiculopathies.
4. Straightened lumbar lordosis suggests muscle spasm or sprain.

MRI OF THE CERVICAL SPINE WITHOUT CONTRAST

HISTORY: Neck Pain. Evaluate for disc Herniation

FINDINGS: There is diffuse straightening of the expected cervical lordosis, suggesting muscle spasm or sprain. Some disc desiccation and mild disc space narrowing are at C5-6 and C6-7. The other disc space heights are preserved. The vertebral body heights are maintianed. The cervical cord contains no intramedullary mass. The visualized posterior fossa structures are unremarkable.

The c2-3 and C3-4 discs are unremarkable. C4-5 has a mild broad disc bulge,which indents the thecal sac. The C5-6 level has broad disc bulging,along with some endplate and uncovertebral spurring. Disc contacts the anterior cervical cord diffusely. Foraminal stenosis occurs on both side. The C6-7 level has a broad disc bulge and some uncovertebral spurring. Disc approaches the cervical cord and narrows both neural foramina. The C7-T1 and T1-2 discs are unremarkable.

IMPRESSION:
1. Disc bulges occur at C4-5 to C6-7.
2. Disc contacts the cervical cord at C5-6 and approaches it at C6-7. This represents spinal stenosis at the C5-6 level.
3. Bilateral foraminal stenosis occurs at C5-6 with foraminal narrowing on both sides at C6-7. Clinical correlation is recommended for corresponding radiculopathies.
4. Straightened  cervical lordosis suggests muscle spasm or sprain.

What do I need to go for ? My Doc recommends surgery Please Help Me.

Thanks,
-ray-