Back & Neck Community
Neck Pain when standing but not laying
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Neck Pain when standing but not laying

Why would I have tightness soreness in my occipital region when I am upright but none when I lay down, what can be done so I don't have pain when standing or sitting
Related Discussions
-4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
454186_tn?1388978568
My personal opinion: when you stand up , the ligament in neck would more tension, will pull  occipital soft tissue injury area, if u lying down,  ligament relax, will no longer pull soft tissue injury site. So, you can understand , your suffer from soft tissue injury in neck, but did not seem serious.

Do massage for local area, and perhaps can be alleviated, if the pain continues, you will need to see a doctor.
Blank
Thank you -- yes, I figure it's soft tissue since it started after an injury - it just feels so tight, like my skin/muscles are pulling down with gravity when I stand up or sit up but when I'm lying down, of course it feels better.  It moves from mid-neck to occiput area and back.  It feels like a pressure and makes me feel lightheaded when it's really bad.  I had a whiplash in June 2007, then started feeling better in November 2007.  Had reinjury mid November 2007 and started treatment for this again in March of 2008.  

I'm going to start seeing a physical therapist soon, and I'm seeing a chiro and acupuncturist.  
Blank
How long do you think this will take? Its been 2 months since I started acupuncture, just nervous that it will not go away since it's not getting better
Blank
454186_tn?1388978568
I'm sorry, It's hard to know how long it will take,as you didn't mention you had a whiplash in June 2007,So you should consult your doc (orthopaedic doc).if something wrong in spine,alternative medicine doesn't work well.Good luck!
Blank
My wife had a epidule but didn't take, she said it felt like she was electric shot went to her bottom areas and neck,now when she stands or sits the neck pain is terrible,but when she's laying flat on her back the pain goes away completely. What has happened,and how do we fix this problem?
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Back & Neck Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
Apr 16 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank