Back & Neck Community
Neck Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Neck Pain

Has anyone had a calcium deposit in the front of their neck.  I was told its nothing to worry about , but it could become painful.  Well, it has gotten very painful.  I wanted to know if anyone has had surgery for this problem, and what type of doctor did it.
Hi, Thanks for your query.

Calcium deposits in the front of their neck is  not that common as calcium deposits in the bone or other areas.

Generally, you should not worry about, but for pain you must consult your doctor.

As far as the surgery is concern, if it is pressing to the vital areas of our body or it hampers vital functions then the surgeon may think of going for surgery.

Don’t worry. Remain cheerful always and find out the reason for calcium deposit and try to avoid the further deposits.

Wish you good health.