Back & Neck Community
Neck Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Neck Pain

I'm getting really bad neck pain.   It is sore and stiff with pain localised around 10cm below the base of my skull.   With certain movements it also sends pain down between my shoulders.

I have had this before and went to see a doctor,  who basically said its a sore neck and gave me some anti-inflamitory pills, which did the trick for a while.   However, since then it has been getting steadily worse.

A few years ago i had an accident which forced my chin to my chest, and it was very painful and stiff for a few days and then settled down.   The pain i have had since is pretty much the same pain i had after the accident.

Also in this area of my neck there is what i can only describe as a step.  My neck 'justs' out about 10mm.   Also when i swallow it hurts my spine in that area.

Any ideas?

Cheers!