Back & Neck Community
Neck and Back Pain Please help!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Neck and Back Pain Please help!!

I HAVE NECK AND BACK PAIN ON LEFT SIDE THAT GETS MUCH WORSR THE MORE I AM UP. I NOW LAY DOWN 23 HOURS PER DAY (SOME OF THIS TIME IN A RECLINING CHAIR WORKING ON COMPUTER, THE REST LYING FLATTER.) THE ONLY MEDICATION THAT CONTROLS THE PAIN IS DIHYROERGOTAMINE MESYLATE INJECTIONS TWICE A DAY.

LONG STORY SHORT, I WAS IN AN AUTO ACCIDENT YEARS AGO (AGE 28). THERE SEEMED TO BE NO PROBLEM AT FIRST BUT OVER THE YEAR I STARTED TO GET HEADACHES ON THE LEFT SIDE. IN MY 40'S A DOCTOR TRIED DIHYROERGOTAMINE MESYLATE INJECTION. IT REALLY WORKED WELL HOWEVER I WAS TAKING THEM 2 TO 3 TIMES PER DAY. THE PROBLEM WENT AWAY FOR A FEW YEARS AND THEY CAME BACK THIS TIME CAUSING ME TO NEED TO LAY DOWN MOST OF THE TIME AND TAKE INJECTIONS. MRI SHOWED WHAT THEY SAID WAS A RUPTURED DISK. AFTER THE OPERATION I DID NOT NEED ANY DIHYROERGOTAMINE MESYLATE INJECTIONS FOR MONTHS BUT I'VE SLOWLY NEEDED THEM AGAIN.

I HAVE SO MUCH TO LIVE FOR, A GOOD BUSINESS WITH MY SON AND A GREAT FAMILY. I AM NOW 62 AND OTHERWISE AM IN GOOD HEALTH. I AM A SUCCESSFUL DESIGNER AND CONTINUE TO RUN MY BUSINESS ALTHOUGH EVEN MEETINGS ARE DONE WITH ME LYING DOWN.

ANY SUGGESTIONS? I NEED HELP.