Back & Neck Community
Neck and shoulder pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Neck and shoulder pain

I had an MRI and this is the results... PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND IT !!!

C3-C4: There is a broad-based posterior ostephyte formation resulting in slight central canal and bilateral foramina stenosis.

C6-C7: There is broad-based posterior ostephyte formation with left-sided uncovertebral joint hypertrophy resulting in moderate central canal and moderate to severe left neural foramina stenosis.

This is AFTER a spinal fusion of C6-C7 less than 2 years ago
I had C6/7 done too, what type of symptoms are you having? Same as before the fusion?
Basically. But now when I sleep on my side, the opposite arm goes to sleep and then it feels like someone is stepping on my hand.
I know what you're saying about someone stepping on your hand, to me it feel like my hand was being hit with a sledge hammer. Horrible pain.

I suppose you probably didn't have a post-op MRI, wouldn't have been any need if everything was okay afterwards. You need to get the one you had before surgery and compare.

According to this report, you've got arthritis that has formed as well as uncovertebral joint hypertrophy which is also an arthritic response. Anyway this arthritis is pinching a nerve and that's what's causing the problem. Ironically at C6/7, I don't know if this could have formed in 2 years or not, that's why you should try to get a hold of your pre-op MRI and compare. And also see if you have some type of write up detailing what exactly the Surgeon was planning on doing and what he/she actually did.