Back & Neck Community
Neck pain and dizziness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Neck pain and dizziness

I don't know if this is the right area, hope so!

About 5 months ago I was hospitalised with suspected meningitis. (Blurred vision, fever, neck pain, dizziness, headaches). Tests came back negative and I was told it was a virus, but for weeks afterwards I had a persistent pressure at the back of my neck, dizziness and was exhausted. After 2 weeks with little improvement I returned to my doctor, who said it was probably just taking me a long time to recover from the virus. I had 2 weeks off work and started to improve, then had another attack of the first set of symptoms (this was about 3 months ago). Again, my doctor said it was a virus but, on my insistence, organised blood tests which all came back negative. I was told to rest, and that I was likely to be suffering from post viral syndrome.

During the first 3 weeks of summer vacation (I'm a teacher), I was feeling much better, but am now again experiencing neck pain, dizziness and tiredness (my limbs are very weak) 5 months after the initial diagnosis. Is it normal for a virus to keep recurring? I am also worried, as I have to return to work next week and feel terrible.
I had the same thing and was diagnosed with a virus.  Went to chiropractor and he said my neck vertebras were twisted he showed me the xray!  He realigned me and and today I am much better!  Dont give up there is help out there!
I am not sure if I am in the right place on this web.  But anyway, hope someone out there reads this.  I am in quite a bit of pain, starting with my neck and going down into the middle of my shoulders.  With this pain I am having burning sensations down my left arm and the left side of my face in numb most of the time, with pins and needles.  I also have been getting headaces which feel as though I have a build up of pressure at the bottom of my neck.  Last night I found two lumps on the right side of my neck one on the lower skull bone and the other slightly lower.  They are both extremely sore and sensitive to touch.  My vision in my left eye also, comes and goes.  This has been going on for the past 4 weeks, I have seen my GP, and only now has said to see a Neuroligist.  However, he said that the lumps where nothing to worry about as they are just muscle strains.  I have tried to get an appointment with the Neuroligist, however he can only see me in another two weeks time.....Not sure I am able to last that long........If anyone has an answer, I would be more than greatful.  Thanks
A related discussion, back of head, lower back and leg pain, with fever was started.