Neck physical therapy before MRI, with DDD????
Hi all, I had a MVA 10 years ago had trauma induced arthritis of spine since..odd though as of 3 mths ago notice severe neck pain. Went to docs ( family dr) 2 weeks ago got pain meds, muscle relaxers and a series of x-rays. Doctor seemed concerned sia I was having many spasms and my neck vertabrae are totally straight insead of sligh curve as should be. He also said he thinks I have DDD. Well got a letter from him last week to get in there asap, and yes I do have neck arthritis( not so worried) and degenerative neck disk disease ( worried)  

he ordered a MRI 2 mondays from now...and physical therapy 3x per week,,moist heat traction massage etc...I feel a bit worried about getting physical therapy onmy neck without the MRI results...should I be?

Also the doctor said I am at risk for paralisis, which scares the heck outta me..

How is DDD of the neck treated? I know Im at high risk for having pinced nerves..I can not even tough my neck vetabrae with medium pressure without them hurting .I sure dont want to be on pain meds forever...any advice or feedback would be so welcomed...this is all new to me..cherie
forgot to mention that since neck pain I have been getting irregular bouts of tinggling pins and needles particularly right side( arms only)  but it can be just finget tips or all the way to elbow happens to left arm too not as much not as severe worst in night.
bump..someone please answer..
Hi Cherie, I believe I answered this already,.....but MRI first deff!!

Since u were in a MVA it is possible that u have a conditon as a result.Some do not show up right away...and it depends on the type of injury u had.

I can relate to ur fears, I am going at the end of the month to have my spinal cord released from my spinal column.

I do not know if all ur issues are from the DDD, as I have that also.

When r u scheduled for the MRI?

"selma"
Hi thanks yes I did make two posts sorry,,momentary panic!!!!! I am so good at helping others Im a horrid patient.  I got my mRI scheduled for tommrow at 3 ,,will be glad to get it done,,,the pain and numbness that radiates down right arm is getting worse so I have been recommended to see a neurologist...that makes more sense than seeing a ostopath?  I know its all connected..It just amazes me how bad it hurts I would describe it as sore, just sore to even touch a vertabrae.

cherie
Good luck with ur MRI...remember to ask for copies of the MRI as well as the report!!

"selma"
thanks for your help,I got the MRI over with thank God I am not claustrophobic I did have to keep my eyes shut and use visualisation techniques to relax myself its a difficult test to remain still and calm for,.,,,,,and they gave me a copy of the disk to give to my doctor so of corse I put it in my computer and drove myself insane trying to diagnose self which is way beyond my level of expertise in med field..I can tell C4 and C 5 for sure have problems just dont know what it is they look different and hard to explain but I know those 2 are the ones hurting...appears to be a something like string coming out between the two assuming its a nerve...my whole left arm went numb during test very glad cause they caught that I will get an accurate Dx..
I am glad to hear u got the MRI done!!....I close my eyes also, but I could sleep if not for the jack hammers ....lol....and even with the noise if the tech didn't talk so much I was almost out the one time....lol...

That's great that u can read the MRI....I am not from the medical field at all.

I am able to recognize a chiari malformation or a crowed cerebellum from all the MRI's of chiari issues I have looked at since my dx....beyond that ...I don't have a clue.....

U will soon have ur answers, so I hope u r able to relax. I saw u r in school....good luck with ur tests.

"selma"