Back & Neck Community
Neck tightness, muscle spasms, and vomiting

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

I am trying to find a above average nuerlogist some where, preferably on the east coast but am willing to travel ANYWHERE.  My father in law has had sever neck and back pain for years.  The latest version of what is going on is his neck becomes extremly tight and then he gets spasm that shoot up the back of his head.  When the spasms begin he can not control his face.  Then once that is happening he begins to loose his balance.  The loss of balance comes and goes in 30-4 second intervals.  Also many times he will vomit profusely. Just found this board and am thankful there is some help out there.  He has been to many neck and back spealists with really no results.  Any help would be greatfully appreciated.  I know there has to be some really good neurologist out there.

John
Just didn't know if anyone had anything for this, any recomendation about a good doctor is all I need.  Just dont want this post to get shuffled to the back before it gets answered.  Beed to many docotrs with no real results.  

Thanks in advance.
What state do you live in? Can he go to the ER and get referred from there?

Sounds serious!

Hope all is well again soon.
Have spent many a day or night in the ER, we have found over time that this will subside.  The frusturating thing is every time we go to a different doctor they seem to take things in a different direction with no real results.  That is why I am looking for a doctor that will take just a little more time so that when we restart this process of trying to figure this problem out we get some results.