Need advice concerning neck pain and possible tear in neck arteries
How do you know if you've torn an artery in the neck before it's too late? I had my head turned to the side looking at my computer and I was trying to pick something out of my back teeth, therefore opening my jaw rather wide which could cause some constriction in the neck, when I had a sharp, burning, electrical pain-very strong and very painful--sear through the side of my neck, like the one whole muscle was involved at once.  But, as soon as it came, it left.  I have no muscle ache or strain or any other symptoms at all afterwards, except for nervousness.  I don't have medical insurance, so, although I'm not typically like a hypochondiac, I get nervous sometimes when I can't check something out.  I am a yoga teacher, so I learned about torn arteries when I read a yoga related article.  I'm nervous that I had so much pain, if it were muscular, I should think that I'd have residual aching or spasms or strain. So I'm scared I may have torn my artery.  I don't have a doctor or lots of money for tests and treatment.  But, what to do?  If I wait to see if I develop symptoms like a headache or nausea, it could be worse by that time.  Or maybe if I don't have any symptoms right away, that means nothing majour happened and I have nothing to worry about?  Can you please advise?