Back & Neck Community
Now Voilent head twitch?!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Now Voilent head twitch?!

Yes i have still been having my headaches. However, last night I had one that literally rocked my world...

I was watching a movie in the dark with my boyfriend and his family. All I did was purk up my shoulders when my boyfriend was addressing me and my head just twitched to the left violently. it snapped back to where it was and i couldn't move my face or my lips. I scared him to death because i couldn't talk or tell him what was wrong.

There was a tingling stabbing pain that was so bad i had my boyfriend lay me down. I was able to get a fioricet in me before i couldn't move without my entire body aching.

Do you know when you move your head to quick and you get that stabbing pain? it was like that but mulitply it by five! I've never felt such intense pain in my head/neck area.

And yes, still very much left side dominante.

PLEASE HELPP!!!
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your pain. Possibilities that may need to be considered include neuro-muscular/ vascular causes, spinal issues, degenerations, injuries, medication side effect etc. It would be best to have this evaluated by a primary care physician initially and depending on the cause diagnosed or suspected it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!