Back & Neck Community
Numbing in mid back

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Numbing in mid back

About 8 yes ago, I got into an accident and fractured my back, wore a back brace and never followed up due to no insurance. A couple years after, went to ER they found another recent fracture in my back, same thing back brace no follow up due to no insurance. I have always had pain in my back no matter what I did, but several months ago I noticed a spot  on my spine right above my bra line that was itchy feeling. I went to itch it and the spot was numb, I'm talking if I push my nail into my skin, I can't feel it, but I cannot get the itch inside. I thought it was from my bra so I went several weeks without one, and it was still there, lately I noticed the spot that is numb is getting bigger, it seems its going down my spine more. The itchy feeling is not always there, but the numbness is. I also have noticed every once in awhile I feel like I'm getting shocked, or jolted on my back, a little under my shoulder. I have insurance now, and I have almost a 3 month wait to see a doctor. Has anyone had these symptoms, or know what it could be? I'm a little worried, I've always had back pain, I stopped taking pain meds, they didn't seem to work no matter what they were, and I refused surgery at the time. I hope I didn't make the wrong choice with that!! Also my first fracture I got, the doctors in the hospital who gave me my brace told me I couldn't take the brace of for several months unless I was laying straight on my back because they way my fracture was, I could of become paralyzed from it.  Any answers would be greatly appreciated! Thank You!