Back & Neck Community
Numbness Left Arm to Hand

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Numbness Left Arm to Hand

Hi. I would like to know of any suggestions to help relieve the pain/numbness in my left arm. Started in my left side of my neck to shoulder area ...then I feel the muscle contract and then my arm goes numb all the way to my finger tips...this happens all day and night long.  It happened back in Dec - Feb ... it went away for a couple weeks and then i slept wrong causing my neck / shoulder to hurt again and then numbness is now back. I had my verves tested and all is perfectly fine. I am on Ibprofin and that is it for now. What can I do to help with the continous numbness. Any suggestions....
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms and without a diagnosis at hand it would be difficult to suggest a management plan. Possible causes that may need to be considered include spinal/ neuro-muscular causes such as nerve impingement, inflammations, degenerations, capsulitis, bursitis, tendonitis, injuries/ tears, arthritis, muscle/ ligament/ tendon tears/ injuries, fractures, growths/ masses, ischemia, micronutrient deficiencies etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. Meanwhile you could try some warm compresses and Tylenol/ OCT NSAIDS for pain relief.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!