Back & Neck Community
Numbness and tingling in upper back

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Numbness and tingling in upper back

I have had numbness and tingling in my upper left back for 9months. In the last 3months or more I have started having the numbness and tingling in mainly my left arm and leg. I have had a MRI on my head. I didn't not have any tumors or any signs of MS. Last week the done a EGG and nerve scan and it showed that I did not have any nerve damage or anything. The doctor said he thought it was just Tendinitis. I am afraid I am going to drop my baby at times when it gets so bad. What should I do next?
If that were me Iwould ask to see a neurologist.I had thoracic disc prolapses and had some of the symptoms you describe.I would want an MRI ofthe whole spine for a start. the longer such symptoms are left(if it is nerve compression) the less likely the chances of full recovery,,,thats not to scare you but to put you in the picture.It seems that at present you dont have permanenet damage which is good newsI had leg numbness/ perineal numbness and it was left 18 months..Ive now had surgery but have been advised that full recovery is unlikely. So if you are already seeing a neuro guy..get a second opinion...I did that and got a set of fresh eyes and prompt treatment.
Good luck
Thank you! i have a appoinment to go to a Neurologist in Jan. I am just glad to know that i am not crazy! I think that last Dr i went to thought i was. Thank you!