Back & Neck Community
Omega 3 for pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Omega 3 for pain

Has anyone heard of taking omega 3 for neck/back nerve pain?  It sounds wierd, but a friend on another website told me he took it trying to avoid having surgery and it relieved his pain within 2 days.  I know Omega 3 is good for cholesterol issues but how could it work for pain?  Any thoughts on this.  Several others agreed with him and he said his doc recommended it.  I started taking it today because I figured it can't hurt any.  Let me know what you think. Thanks
Tags: Pain
Well its worth a try, i think i will get some today. Keep in touch lets see if it works. Anything is better then nothing so i am willing to give anything a go.
One thing I can say already is that since I began taking this stuff yesterday, I have not had nearly as much burning pain - it is more like aching, so that is a bonus.  But it's early yet, so I will let you know in a few days.  I spoke with a PA at work and he recommended getting the best stuff you can find - made from sockeye salmon, not anchovies and other fish so keep that in mind.  I am taking 2 1200mg gel caps twice a day with meals.  Good Luck anyone who wants to give it a go.