Back & Neck Community
On going lower back pain w/ hip pain and weak upper rignt leg

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

I have been to my own Dr. over the course of a year.  I have received x-rays and an MRI, both of which showed nothing.  The only thing I was told was that I have a narrowing of one of the places where the nerves leave my lower spine.

I currently have lower back pain that does not go away when I am prone.  It becomes worse when I sit and am prone.  The pain is fairly severe as I can not roll over in bed without gritting my teeth because of the pain.  I used to lay on my right side when I sleep but can no longer as the pain in my hip is so great I can not sleep if I am in that position.  My right leg has become weak.  By this I mean that I can not raise my leg at the hip without much difficulty and pain.  I have tried to bend my leg at the hip while prone but I am also unable to do this without alot of pain.

Any suggestions?