One sensitive tingly spot on my skin...

I have a small area on my upper back (below my shoulder blade and close to my neck) that constantly feels irritated like a shirt tag is rubbing against it, even when nothing it touching it. There is no visible sign of irritation. It sometimes feel slightly numb to the touch, but mostly the spot just feels 'tingly' and sensitive.
I was told it could be that stress has caused my nerves to 'pop' out and are now close to my skin, but I can't find any research about this phenomenon. I am pretty stressed right now, and as a college student I spend many hours on my lap top and often suffer from a strained neck. I'm sure these symptoms are related, but please send any info about what causes this tingly spot - I'd like to fix it as soon as I can!

Thanks so much for any advice...
Well, first thing to do is go to your PCP and get evaluated. Or if you are at college do they have an infirmary or something?  Yes spending hours hunched over a computer with bad posture can cause problems.  Can cause neck strains and so called "pinched nerves in spine, specifically neck.  I am not a doctor and cant diagnose you.  But if the problem persists especially since it is a numb type feeling, I would visit your md and let him/her take it from there and decide if diagnositic testing is warranted.

In the mean time you should take frequent breaks from your computer and try to be conscious of your posture when sitting.

good luck
missy.