Pain 1 year after Neck fusion
Hi there,

I had an accident on Ice about 20 years ago where I damaged my cervical disks.  We immigrated to Australia during July 2012 and I had to get a neck fusion (Foramonectomy due to cervical spondilosis and neuro compression) and C5-6 and 6-7 were fused and replaced with titanium disks.

I have been okay so far, but the past month I have a very stiff neck again and a lot of discomfort and pain the my left shoulder and down my arm.

I have been to the Physio again and to no avail as my shoulder pain continues and my neck stays stiff.

Should I be conserned that the C4 is acting up now?  we live in a small town and do not have a lot of medical stations.  Should I get a referral for a MRI again?  or am I just being paranoid?
Anytime you have a fusion it's putting added pressure on the other normal discs. If your having a lot of pain I would certainly think an MRI would be helpful. It's possible to herniate a disc not even knowing when it happened. If its a small herniation I would hope that oral steroids would shrink it back into place. This has been my experience anyway.
Best of luck to you!
Ginger