Aa
A
A
Close
329165 tn?1466758304
Pain 1 year after Neck fusion
Hi there,

I had an accident on Ice about 20 years ago where I damaged my cervical disks.  We immigrated to Australia during July 2012 and I had to get a neck fusion (Foramonectomy due to cervical spondilosis and neuro compression) and C5-6 and 6-7 were fused and replaced with titanium disks.

I have been okay so far, but the past month I have a very stiff neck again and a lot of discomfort and pain the my left shoulder and down my arm.

I have been to the Physio again and to no avail as my shoulder pain continues and my neck stays stiff.

Should I be conserned that the C4 is acting up now?  we live in a small town and do not have a lot of medical stations.  Should I get a referral for a MRI again?  or am I just being paranoid?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Anytime you have a fusion it's putting added pressure on the other normal discs. If your having a lot of pain I would certainly think an MRI would be helpful. It's possible to herniate a disc not even knowing when it happened. If its a small herniation I would hope that oral steroids would shrink it back into place. This has been my experience anyway.
Best of luck to you!
Ginger
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Back & Neck Community Resources