Pain 2 weeks after RFA (nerve abaltion)
Seeing some of your posts has actually made me feel better. So it is normal that I am still in pain, actually tired from it, two weeks after my first procedure? I was feeling awkward about going in Monday for my second half because the doc in the beginning was like, "it will be really sore for a few days". Two weeks later I was thinking I was a terrible patient or it didn't take or I did something wrong. Just knowing that it will go away would help..and the best way to approach my doctor on Monday. I feel like something took a huge bite out of my back. I can pinpoint it. I would appreciate any advice or suggestions anyone may have.
Thank you.
Hi Amy, so sorry to hear you are still having problems. I also had RFA (about one month ago) and am began experiencing symptoms again almost immediately. Mine seems different than what you have described, although I too was very sore for about a week after the procedure.  I did have one area of pain/soreness that was different that the overall area though, but it did gradually go away. I am curious if you also had facet injections prior to the RFA and what your results were. I have a post asking about this as I am wonderig why I have not had better overall results from the RFA since I feel like I had great results from the injections (albeit they were short term, but overall symptom improvement was far better). I wish you luck with your follow up appointment and really appreciate any insight you may offer to your experience.  Hope this finds you feeling better.