Pain Back and Arm
About a week ago I started with pain in my upper left shoulder blade area, it moves down my left arm to just below the elbow. It does not hurt when i lay in bed but upon rising in the morning it is back. I just sit up in bed and it is there. I have been putting ice and heat on it with no help. I have been taking advil with not much relief. It is a nagging pain on a  scale from 0 - 10  I would say an 8..
How are you? Was there history of trauma or injury to your left shoulder?Shoulder pain may be attributed to rotator cuff tendinitis, arthritis in the shoulder joint, bone spurs in the shoulder area, bursitis,fracture, frozen shoulder, overuse or injury of nearby tendons,and even referred pain from  another area of the body, such as the neck or lungs.  Aside from cold packs and pain medications,  rest and physical therapy may help. It is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Stronger prescription medications may help provide relief.  Direct clinical examination and imaging studies may also help determine the underlying cause. Take care and do keep us posted.