Pain When Sitting
I have a terrible amount of discomfort when sitting. It all started when I was pregnant. If I would lie down on a hard surface, I could feel a bump under my right buttock. Went to therapy. Seemed to help. After giving birth, that problem seemed to be resolved, however, I now have pain when sitting for any amount of time. If I tighten my trunk muscle and pull my pelvis forward, if that makes sense, I can feel tendons(?) on either side of my coccyx pop. They're "rolling" around for a lack of a better term. I have had x-rays done and my coccyx looks normal when sitting and standing. I do feel it is soft tissue vs any sort of trauma to my coccyx directly. Any ideas?
I get pain from sitting at the computer and it has been going on for months.  I saw the physio and she said that it has to do with the weakness that I have in my hip, she said she can fix it if I do the exercises (I haven't done them for two weeks).  I get a sore hip if I walk a lot.  Do you think that a physio might help you too?
It's been a year 1/2 since diagnosed with AS (ankylosing spondylitis). AS is an autoimmune arthritis that attacks the spine.  I've been doing pretty good except intense pain in my buttocks, seemingly where the glutes attach to the hamstrings.  Have you seen a rheumatologist?

I was researching the pain I feel in this area when I ran across your comments.  I was an avid runner as well and can't seem to get my hip well. I play tennis but any kind of distance running and I can't seem to create momentum from my glutes and hamstrings.  Looking for more info on this but if you haven't seen a rheumy, you should!

determinedinTexas