Pain along my spine
Recently I have ben having pain along my spine. It seemed to start in the lower part of my back, but has worked it's way up into the middle.  When I run my hand over my spine it is tender to touch.  I have also noticed my muscles are feeling tight and now other areas even my rib cage and sternum are tender to touch. What could this be and how can I start to relieve some of the discomfort?
Also,  ibuprofen and tylenol don't help too much with the discomfort. Any suggestions?
Hi lfish, I have a very similar problem, which is pain along the spine, starting from the lower back and extending to the mid-back between the shoulders. It also involves the ribs and restricts breathing/makes breathing uncomfortable.  If I do any kind of lifting above my head or hold the camera for too long (as in shooting a wedding for 8 hours) I get longlasting pain in the mid-upper back.  Mine is also tender to the touch, particularly in the mid-upper back area.  

My question for you is, did you have an accident or injury of some kind to your back? how about to your legs/hips?  Have you been evaluated for a leg length discrepancy by a knowledgable practitioner?  Have you seen a doctor at all for your condition?