Pain between shoulder blades
I have been suffering with severe, intermittent pain between my shoulder blades that radiates to behind my sternum, for many years.  It comes and goes but recently has been very frequent.  The pain is worse than labor pains and nothing seems to bring it on or help it subside.  I am taking vicodan now and that takes away the pain by making me sleep.  I have been treated for esophagitis but that is cleared up now. I have recently been tested for my gall bladder and any GI problems, all tests are normal.  The pain will happen anytime and wakes me from my sleep. My GI specialist says it could be a spinal cord/column problem.  I am almost at wits end here, getting no answers from anyone.  Please help!  
They tell me that spazms in the esophagus can feel like that. I also have the same problem. I wake up at night even with it, a terrible pain like a heart attack but in the middle of my chest and hurt between shoulder blades, a little to the right. I had my gallbladder checked and they said it was ok but I have not gone to check the esophagus, I have just read a bunch about it. A tear, or irritated place that won't heal, or barrettes esophagus can cause these spazms I guess. Have you had them to go in and look in there? I need to go, just been putting it off, afraid they'll find something bad..
Crazy huh?