Pain between shoulder blades
I am a 28 year old male with pain in my back between my shoulder blades.  This has been going on for about 3 years.  I had my gall bladder removed about 6 months ago and thought the pain was associated with that but, the pain remains the same.  The pain often occurs with burping and sometimes hard to get food and drink swallowed.  It is usually worse at night when laying down and sometimes in the morning.  It is not a constant pain but comes and goes through the day not always associated with eating.  I had a scope about 2 years ago and they found acid reflux and I now take Nexium.  I have asthma and use Advair inhaler daily and have wondered if it could be an irritant.  Thanks for your advice.
I had the same exact pain... my doctor did a medial branch nerve block and I have not had ANY pain since the procedure. You may want to check it out.
you have reflux. With the problem swallowing you need to be rescoped the pills are a good cover up. It could be serious, or you may just need to be dialated.
I would follow up with the gastro again and be rechecked you could have barretts.
Thanks for your response.  What diagnostic tests were done to decide using a nerve block?
Thanks for your response.  I am leaning toward reflux or some related type of problem.