Back & Neck Community
Pain from a fall

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Pain from a fall

I need help.  I'm finishing up "PT" for pain in in shoulder, neck and lower back.  My therapist told me a few weeks ago that when I rated my pain, I can't be a "10" cause that would mean he would have me in the hospital.  After him telling me that I just reply to his pain question with a level of pain at 8 or 9.  My problem is that I'm keeping a log of my daily pain and it is in my neck, left shoulder, shoulder blades, lower back, pain in both legs and numbness in feet and hands.  I go back to the doctor on 10/28, but I'm thinking since my "PT" did not believe me then the doctor won't either.  I'm in pain and need to know if others experience the same symptoms?
Thank you
Have you tried a chiropractor? After my car accident and PT failed to help my pain, I went to a chiropractor and was doing much better in just a few visits. Even now, 20 years after the accident, if I start having a lot of pain I go back and he fixes me right up! It sounds like you have a slipped disc or pinched nerves, and chiropractic is the just the thing for that.
It is good that you are keeping a log of your daily pain. You think you'll remember, but when you get to the doctor, you always forget, so the daily log is very helpful. I agree a chiropractor might be better. I've been to physical therapists and chiropractors and the chiro seem to be more understanding to the pain. I have a very good PT, but he said the same thing to me when I told him my pain was a 10---he said I would be in the hospital. My answer to him---I have a high tolerance and I dont have the time or patience to go to doctors, so for me to be here, my pain is a 10.  Don't let any of them intimidate you.