Back & Neck Community
Pain in Trapezoid muscle

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Pain in Trapezoid muscle

I was injured in June on my job as a flight attendant. I have been to a neck specialist and a pain management DR. They gave me 2 shots in my neck for 2 herniated discs at C5 and C6. This has not taken away the pain I have in my trapezoid muscle. It is always tender to the touch, and I cannot walk or stand for a long period without getting severe pain. They have released me from their service saying there is nothing more they can do and I must go back to work. There has been no relief from the original injury..I am so frustrated as I know this pain will keep me from working full time as well as walking and exercising. I have had physical therapy and he reconized how tender the area was as well. Any advice would be appreciated!!
Neck and upper shoulder pain is frequently associated with temporomandibular disorder, Seeing a tmj specialist is advised.