Back & Neck Community
Pain in back neck and head.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Pain in back neck and head.

I am having problems with my back neck and head, contant pain until dr gave me Gabapentin 3 3times aday now, iam sitll getting pain but its managable now. I have googled my sytoms and it came up with this:
Everybody with MS is affected differently and your symptoms can vary from day to day. You may find they get worse with heat or exercise. The most common symptoms include:

eye problems, including pain and blurred or double vision      ( i have pain in my eyes and blurred vision)
fatigue                                                                               ( Fatigue)
muscle weakness, stiffness and spasms                             ( Muscle weakness)
bladder and bowel problems                                                ( Ive had bowel problems for some time now 1 year
loss of balance, coordination and dizziness                          ( Loss of balance and dizziness)
pain                                                                                   ( Pain in back  neck shoulders and head)
numbness or tingling of your skin difficulty speaking and swallowing ( Swallowing is sore)
feeling emotional, anxious or depressed                                 ( No problems)
sexual difficulties                                                                 ( No problems)

This may seem a great many symptoms, but you are unlikely to have all of them and not at the same time.

Could i have this??????
Hi...u will need to have testing done to rule out other conditions and to confirm.
Have u had an MRI of ur brain as yet?

There r several conditions that can share the same list of symptoms u mentioned.

Try and relax and see ur dr for a exam.

Post an update.
"selma"
Thank you for your positive reply.
I am havng a MRI done tomorrow (sat) on my head.

Yeah i need to relax.
Its easy said than done isnt it?
Especially when i get a letter this morning from my company saying i go on to half pay say from 3rd of March :-{

Julie x
Julie..
.....it is easier said than done...but we all have to at least try.....lol

Good luck with ur MRI....ask for copies when u sign in....of the MRI and the report!!

Post an update!!
: )

"selma"

I had my brain scan still not got results, i have rang the receptionist up at the hospital, and asked for the report, she said she will find it and sent it to me, which was 5 days ago, nearly four weeks ago from my brain scan.
Bloods (second time) came back negative, and so did my scan on my kidneys, spleen, gallbladder, came back negative?  I really can not understand why this is happening.  I asked the doctor why am i still getting pain under my ribs at the front right hand side also in my back?  He said its probbly my fibroids which are causing the pain......It feels like they are always guessing!!!!!
Negative, where do i go from here?
HI ...sorry missed a few of ur posts here.....u said ur brain MRI was negative..do u have a copy of the report?

Also, I was dx with fibro and now it looks like it was EDS all along.
EDS = ehlers danlos syndrome- hyper mobile joints and skin.

There is a fibromyalgia forum here on MedHelp...they may be able to put ur mind at rest as to what u can do to relieve pain ect...

I live in Hereford I have had this non stop illness for over 21 years, (I am 38),  it affects my speech, my strength, i have trouble swallowing, excessive pain, fatigue, tremors, & my breathing, my co-ordination, my memory, etc are a nightmare. They said that they thought that I had M.S. I have had 4 M.R.I' s all from the neck down - all negative. They tried sending me back for yet ANOTHER course of Physio (20 or 30th lot)!  The physiotherapist examined me & said "I'm not touching anything" then she looked down at my notes & said "have you had a BRAIN SCAN ?" I told her I'd only been scanned from the neck down & her precise words were "THEY WONT FIND WHAT THEY'RE LOOKING FOR THERE". She sent her answers to my G.P., but now 5 years later, there are still no answers I recently changed my G.P. & said about FMS to see if it was that BUT no definate answer. I wish I could find my answer.
I understand what you are going though, but gladly for me ive only been going though it for a few years now.  Ive been diagnosed as having Fibromyalgia now, after me taking the information leaflet i found on the internet to my doctor. When i gave it to him, he asked if ive found a diagnoses while ive been on the internet, i said maybe i have this Fibromyalgia? He took the leaflet and and said "oh yeah, you might have this, but you have to learn to live with it and get on with your life, go back to work etc". I burst into tears and said "you what, lead a normal life whats that, since been ill i cant lead a normal life. I cant go to work, i drop things because my hands especially my right hand is week, it effects my speech, i have no strength, i have trouble swallowing, excessive pain, fatigue, tremors and my breathing is bad, my co-ordination i walk if i am drunk, my memory simple things like names is very bad for my age, do you want me to go on, so how can i lead a normal life"?. "you should be refuring me to pain managment clinic and rheumotologis". My doctor said " i can send you to see a rheumotologist but hes going to confirm my diagnoses that you have Fibromyalgia"? I nearly colapsed on the floor with disblief!!!!!!! Ive had MRI scan and it came back normal! I can relate as i said about not having answers it can be so frustrating......i know we as people dont like to be labeled but it help if there is a diagnoses then you can start learning to accept it!
Well good luck and take care, contact me anytime...