Back & Neck Community
Pain in mid back

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Pain in mid back

I am a 61 yr. old female. About 2 years ago, I started having slight stinging pain in my mid back about right above my bra strap, slightly to the rt. side. It steadily has gotten worse and is now causing me much pain, burning and stinging in my mid back and across my rt. shoulder blade, down into the back of my arm. It also makes my arms get very cold. I have seen nuerologists, been to a chiropractor for several months, and just recently had surgery(May 14, 2007) on my cervical spine( between C6 and C7) to replace a bulging disk. None of these have helped the problem at all. The doctor who did my surgery has since tried several nerve medications, but also to no avail. I have researched the internet at length and am wondering if I have a herniated disc in my thoracic spine. Possibly around T7 to T9. Oh, the surgeon also did a CT scan of my chest to rule out Pancoast tumor and it was clear. The pain is making my life miserable. At this point, I do not have much weakness in my arm, but my quality of life stinks. The mornings seem to be the worst. I also get a little relief if I set very still, but any moving around aggravates the pain. I just am at a loss. Can you help? I would appreciate any advice. Thanks    Katy