Back & Neck Community
Pain in right leg and right hip and calf

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

I am a boy of 19 years age. In January this year, i experienced a jerk in my right thigh when i missed a step while coming down the stairs. I didn't fall that time though, just a jerk after which the pain died out in a few minutes. Some days after that i fell while playing soccer after a defender gave a bad tackle. I fell on my right butt. After that when i tried to run, i got a bad pain inside my right buttock like a severe pulling pain. Also, my inner right thigh hurt and also my lower right butt muscles. I took rest for a month, and most of the pain decreased a lot. But then i returned to sport and the pain came back. Lately though, i have been seeing my right leg wearing out earllier than my left leg, and also, there is some discomfort in the posterior thigh and calf muscles.

There is NO numbness or tingling, or any severe pain in the leg. There is continous discomfort though. No agravation due to coughing or sneezing. No pain in the straight leg raise test also.

An X-ray revealed partial sacralisation of L5-S1 with pseudoarthrosis with ala of sacrum. Also, a CT Scan revealed the same thing more or less. It did say that there was no evidence of reduced disk space.

I had the pain for the past 5 months or so. But because i didnt run or jump at all, i didnt feel the pulling pain(which was really excrutiating). I always had the discomfort and aggravation of the discomfort in my right butt when i sit for long, squat. Now, after consulting with nearly three orthos, i had an MRI done.

MRI: Mild Disc bulge in D11-12, L5-S1. Loss of bright intensity of nuclear pulposes in L5-S1, disc bulge is mildly compromising the neural foramina and lateral recesses is seen. I am sorry i can't write the exact thing, but this is very close to the report.

The ortho adviced me to take physiotherapy (SWD and ILT) for two weeks. I have taken it and the pain has not decreased a bit. I think that everyone is diagnosing the problem wrongly. Please help as i am a student of engineering, and this continuous problem is causing lot of mental problems for me.
Thank you.
have you been experiencing this pain before? or just after the incident that happen while playing soccer? sacralization and pseudoarthrosis are congenital.. meaning you have this since birth.