Back & Neck Community
Pain in side of leg and calf
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pain in side of leg and calf

I am 51 and have had on going lower back pain to the left side around my belt line for 15+ years.  The other day I woke up, bent over and felt a sharp pain in that same area.  As the day went on the pain went in to my left hip, the side of my thigh and then down in to the side of my calf.  I had trouble rolling over in bed and was not able to sleep at night because of the pain.  The pain is starting to subside but it has not gone away.  It has been 3 weeks since the initial pain onset.  I had an MRI three years ago that showed bulging discs on between L4, L5 and S1.  Is the pain from a pinched nerve in my spine or sacroiliac?  
Tags: leg, hip, calf, spine