Pain that travels from lower back to my foot
I was talking to my mom who has some back problems and I was explaining to her what I've been feeling these past few days.  About a week ago I woke up from a nap with some discomfort in my lower back.  The pain increased and lasted for about 2 days total.  Now, the lower back is feeling fine, but I have a numb feeling in my right buttocks and when I walk it sends a numbing, shooting pain into my foot.  Does anyone know what this is?  I'm only 22, and I just didn't think I would be having such a problem at such an age, but it's very uncomfortable to walk!  Please help
Sounds like sciatica to me. I have had this problem for years. As soon as I feel my back hurting I use ice for 20 min. That seems to keep it from going further...You should definately get it checked by a dr. though.
Definitely does sound like siatica. Sciatica at 22 is not unusual espeially if your job requires you to sit all day. The good news is that at 22 you should be able to get over it completely. Once you are aware of the positions and moves that hurt the back you can avoid them and then start working on strenghtening the muscles. It may take a three months to completely go away but if you are careful you hopefully won't have it again.
Good luck.
hay i was just brousing and saw you hear hellow my pc was down most of the month my dog ate the phone wire do you have cable tv our satalight the green channal has yoga and tie che classes on it  its helped  me alout my siatica hasint botherd me since i startid plus the streching helps other stuff have fun if you go skying this year  martin
Hi Martin! I used to use this TV show called stretch and Flex. It is out of San Mateo on PBS. It is wonderful. It's an hour of stretches and a meditation at the end with a waterfall. It's almost better than a massage. I can't tell you how good it makes me feel.