Back & Neck Community
Persistent neck pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Persistent neck pain

I'm a man who's 22 this year and I'm having persistent issues with my neck. The original injury happened 2 years ago, when I was sparring with a friend. While we were grappling, I rolled the wrong way and ended up twisting my neck really bad. The injury took about 2 weeks to heal, and during the initial stages of the injury I couldn't turn my head at all without feeling acute pain. During that time, I also realised (painless) swelling on the side of my neck that was twisted, and the shoulder on the same side also sagged below the opposite shoulder.

Although I've since recovered, sometimes when I do exercises that involve shoulder and neck movement, the injury comes back. There's pain in the exact same spot and my shoulder starts to sag. Other times, the injury doesn't come back, but I feel like there may be a nerve snapping about around my shoulder blade.

Can any give me insights on how I can go about fixing it?
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your medical problems. Sagging of shoulder is often seen in clavicle fractures, so this may be a condition you may want to rule out through appropriate X-rays. Shoulder dislocation is another possibility. Sometimes ligament tears and tendonitis around the shoulder joint also causes shoulder sagging. Please consult your doctor regarding this. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Hi!

Hey doctor,

Thanks alot for the advice. I appreciate it :)