Back & Neck Community
Pinched nerve associated with near fainting?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pinched nerve associated with near fainting?

I have a pinched nerve in my lower back, between L4-L5.
I have been experiencing episodes of being lightheaded very often. I have also been experiencing episodes of my vision going black accompanied by dizziness, this occurs 2-4times a day and varies in severity. I do not fully loose consciousness. When vision goes between 70-100% black I become disoriented in the 5-20 seconds that the episode lasts.
          -Standing up from a chair has the biggest range and is the most severe when it comes to loss of vision ranging between 50-100% of black before slowly returning. These episodes also last the longest. 10-20 seconds
          -Standing up from the prone position. Vision ranges from 20-60% with this one.
          -Sitting on the ground. Vision about 0-20%
          -These episodes also occur during random parts of the day doing other things, i.e. walking, standing. Vision being about 0-30%
I also have a naturally low blood pressure, usually being between 80-90 / 50-60, I was told this was due to all my years as a runner. My resting BP does go up to around 110/80 sporadically. Cause is unknown about this change.

I want to know if these two issues, the pinched nerve and being lightheaded and nearly fainting are related.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
4190741_tn?1370181432
I am sorry to hear of your pinched nerve and feelings of faintness.

I have a trapped sciatic nerve but have no symptoms of lightheadedness or fainting associated with the nerve itself.  

I am also a former runner and skiier and climber and have a lower blood pressure from my conditioning, but as I got older I developed hypoglycemia where if I eat high carb foods I almost pass out shortly after eating them....I am now on a very low carb diet ( less then 15 carbs per meal) and have not had dizziness or vision problems in over 2 years.

I do hope you and your Medical Doctor figure this lightheadedness out and you enjoy better health soon

M
Blank
Hi, I can relate to the pinched nerve in lower lumbar. Mine is L4-L5 pinched at L5. I have pain in lower back and down right leg with mine. Have not noticed any vision problems however. If you have not been yet I would go see your primary doctor.He may refer you to see either a neurologist or neurosurgeon.
Hope you get some answers there.

Tap
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Back & Neck Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979