Back & Neck Community
Please Reply!! :)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Please Reply!! :)

hi, i broken my neck last october (C1 & C2) i also suffered head injuries, a subdural heamotoma and frontal contusions. I required a screw fiaxtion to secure the bones together. I have now been wearing a miami j collar for 4 months now, i have no disability functioning normally, my neck has healed well. However when i went for a CT scan yesterday the results showed that the neck was stil fractured, no change from when i last had a CT scan a month ago. Flexion Extension was fine with no screw movement or diffrences in the fracture. The registar said the collar may come of but he will need the consultants confirmation. Dos this mean the fracture will never heal, or will it take time? the screw is pretty robust, but will it limit anything?
Hi, I broke my neck as well about 5 years ago (C1 & C7).   C1 has healed, but I am told that C 7 never will.  When we view my xrays, I can actaully see where part of C7 is broken, it actaully looks like it is missing. At this same time, my daughter broke her leg and had a plate and screws installed,  we viewed a new set of xrays on her just last week and we can see where the bone has actaully grown around the plate.  So, I am not sure why her bone grew over the plate while mine has not grown back.  I know this isnt much help, but I just thought I would let you know.  Good Luck to you - I know your pain and I am glad to hear that you are having a good recovery.