Post Surgery Pain on RIbs...Help
Hi All

i had surgery on my 9th rib 3 years back. Suddenly it started to hurt again. It used to be painful but not this bad..:(

Been to Doctor and he suggested for Lyrica 75mg a day..

I have biopsy report of my surgery..

speicmen :   wide excision of rib lesion

Gross findings : received part of rib 6cm long. center of rib shows swelling measures 3.5x3x1.5 cm with clearance of 1cm on both sides. Cut sections appears solid with brownish areas.

Impression :
1. Fibrous dysplasia with overlying aneurysmal bone cyst, rib lesion.
2. No evidance of any malignancy.
3. Lesion is seen extending into resected margin.

With above details can some one please let me know what exactly happened to me ?? Is this serious???

Nanda
Hi Nanda!
I wouldn’t say it’s serious. It is a bone cyst—a fluid filled space. Since this is usually caused by dilatation and bursting of a blood vessel, it is called an aneurysmal bone cyst. If this happened in skull bone or spine, then this can become serious. The cavity of larger cyst is usually filled with bone chips or cementing substances.  For smaller cysts, only a curettage or removal of cyst is done. I believe your symptoms should improve now. Do discuss this with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.