Post op back surgery
On Dec. 1,2008 I had back surgery after 2 years of pain meds,severe pain & trying everything short of witchcraft (Which was out of the questions for me:)~  My doctor in Ft. Worth removed the bottom 3 discs in my lumbar section. Replaced them with 2 rods and 8 screws. For the 1st month or 2 everything was great, I was pain free.Finally I was on my way to being my old self.....The about 3 months later I started having pain down my left leg. (On the outside, beside my knee) If felt like that ligament was extremely tight, but only hurt every now and then.Now 5 months later, my left leg hurts the worst, but now both of my legs hurt down the backsides (Behind my thighs)and the ligament beside my knee on the left leg. They either hurt full force or none. But are hurting 90% of the time again.
What is up? I walk daily with my job, so I know it is not the lack of walking. Please help me figure out my next step....Am I going to have to live on pain meds for the rest of my life?
Hi and welcome to the back and neck support forum.

It is difficult to specualte as to what might be going on...just walking may not be stretching ur muscles  enuff or in the way that is needed.

Talk with ur dr and see about a PT or exercise program that may help.

Keep us posted

"selma"