Back & Neck Community
Post surgery years later

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Post surgery years later

Wow! After reading everyone’s issues with cervical and lumbar surgery, I feel really bad! I had the best doctor in Las Vegas and the greatest experience with the surgery. I had surgery at c5-7. Mine was resulting from a roller blading accident where I crashed head first into concrete “crushing” those vertebrae. (There was more to it, but anyway...) I walked around for 8 months in EXTREME pain on my left side from the ear all the way down into my back/chest and arm until I couldn’t stand it any more and went to see a doctor. After my surgery I woke up and was so excited! All the pain went away!!!!!! Completely gone like I never had a problem. I ate a full meal 4 hours after the surgery and used the rest room with out help...they were in shock. Today I am nearly pain-free with 80% movement. Haha! I don’t get on anything with wheels anymore with the exception of my Schwinn cruiser.

That was April of 2008. My question is: Is there anyone out there with a similar surgery that started had pinching nerve pain from the same area that returned YEARS later? How do you make it go away? I get a pinching pain at the top of the fusion. I’ve had a pinching on the LEFT side that runs up into my ear. It’s so annoying that it can wake me up at 4:13 am, make it hard to turn my head, etc. etc. etc. I’ve got so much pain that I resort back to lowertab because otc pain medication doesn’t touch the pain. I am 40 years old and don’t want to live in this extreme of pain any more.

My question to anyone and everyone is...have you had this experience? I can’t go back to the doctor because I don’t live in Vegas any more, my doctor isn’t practicing any more and worse, I don’t have insurance that would even cover a visit, an X-ray or mri. Even if I did, Florida doctors area HUGE crap shoot to find a really good one...worse than you think in Vegas.

Thanks for your help.