Back & Neck Community
Posterior Spinal Fusion

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Posterior Spinal Fusion

I have had posterior spinal fusion in 2010 and I am still experiencing constant severe pain in my back, shoulders, arms, and legs. My x-rays have came back clear and my doctor seems to do nothing to help but will say, " come back next year" and " it is not normal for you to feel this pain".
Hi!
Well, X-rays are unlikely to throw any light. To find out whether there is nerve compression, you need to undergo an MRI. If your doctor is not agreeing for this, then you can try cervical collar, cervico-thoracic braces, traction, physiotherapy, pain medications, and sleeping on a hard bed without a pillow (like sleeping on a hard cotton mattress on the ground). Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.