Prolonged dull ache in my back
This has been going on for almost 8 years now. but every month or so, i keep getting this dull ache on the outside of my shoulder blade. it is very uncomfortable and can last up to a week before it goes away again.

I found found that this happens when i have eaten food and it is triggered almost immediately and continues through the rest of the day. when i wake up the next day, it is gone until i eat something again. Its driving me mad. I have been to the doctors and they did nothing about it. they didnt even tell me what was wrong with me.

I can only assume it is some form of indegestion, trapped wind or perhaps a nerve issue?

either way it is driving me mad not knowing what it is, let alone that it keeps happening to me.
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation, it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include oesophagitis, GERD, pleuritis, periostitis, nerve impingement/ pressure, muscle sprain, tendon/ ligament injuries/ inflammation etc. You could try taking OTC antacids when the pain occurs and see if this seems to help and consider a detailed evaluation by an internist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this helps.

Take care!