Back & Neck Community
Prolonged dull ache in my back

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Prolonged dull ache in my back

This has been going on for almost 8 years now. but every month or so, i keep getting this dull ache on the outside of my shoulder blade. it is very uncomfortable and can last up to a week before it goes away again.

I found found that this happens when i have eaten food and it is triggered almost immediately and continues through the rest of the day. when i wake up the next day, it is gone until i eat something again. Its driving me mad. I have been to the doctors and they did nothing about it. they didnt even tell me what was wrong with me.

I can only assume it is some form of indegestion, trapped wind or perhaps a nerve issue?

either way it is driving me mad not knowing what it is, let alone that it keeps happening to me.
Tags: prolonged nerve ache, back ache, indegestion
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation, it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include oesophagitis, GERD, pleuritis, periostitis, nerve impingement/ pressure, muscle sprain, tendon/ ligament injuries/ inflammation etc. You could try taking OTC antacids when the pain occurs and see if this seems to help and consider a detailed evaluation by an internist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this helps.

Take care!