Back & Neck Community
Psoas muscle and stomach discomfort

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Psoas muscle and stomach discomfort

I have just read a post from another member who reported distension and abdominal bloating after psoas treatment.  I have also just been treated for psoas problems (the muscle was very tight and my dr used manual techniques to release the muscle - I assume she was breaking up scar tissue?).  During the treatment I experience abdominal and lower back discomfort.  The lower back pain was explained as the psoas attaches to the lower spine.  The abdominal discomfort (bloating, nausea, gurgling sounds coming from the stomach, sensitivity to weight and pressure) has continued for the last 36 hours or so.  I have no appetite and no urges to move my bowels, and have been reading about the role of the psoas in digestive functions, so I am wondering if the two might be connected - especially since the symptoms began with the treatment.  Is there any known connection between this muscle, which sits beneath the abdominal cavity, and its role in digestion, and could my symptoms merely reflect the current state of this muscle, which is weak, as it recovers?

This discussion is related to Psoas Muscle.