Back & Neck Community
Pulled muscle in ribs/back area need help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

I am learning to golf and while working on my follow through I felt my muscle rip in my back, like kinda shoulder blade area, but a little lower, but behind the rib cage so I cannot rub it to help sooth..

Well its been 3 days now, I have been taking IBprofen to help the inflamation (inflammation), because when I breath in deep or cough it almost floors me with pain, Now it almost feels like its in the middle of my body, I cannot diagnose which muscle it is.

Other than the obvious of no more golf for a bit, is there anything I can do to get it to heal faster? excercices or something? it happened from twisting the spine too far , or farther than my body is used to, before picking up a golf club I don;t remember ever even using these back muscles much...

Thanks for any input, im in real pain.
I would ice it for 20 minutes at a time and rub it with arnica ointment at night time.