Pulsating neck pain
I'm 29 and for at least 15 years i've been having these neck pains.
They start i suppose with a bad posturing (i'm only assuming) , at first the pain is low , over the course of a day it starts to increase , in the evenings the pain gets really bad that i can't really concentrate on something else.
The pain starts on the left side of my neck and by evening migrates to the right and , as the title says the pain is pulsating obviously with the pulse .
I get these pains every 1-2 months and the only "cure" i've found is to sleep at least 6 hours , i've tried to sleep in the afternoon 2-3 h but it won't go away. Other things i've tried is massaging , cold compresses , hot compresses , doing exercise with the neck and once even took some of my mom lowering blood pressure pills witch actually made it worst , not so much the pain but it was the first time a 8 hour night sleep didn't "cure" me , so i guess lowering my blood pressure was not a good idea.
I do regular health checkups for my work (programmer) and my eyes are perfect , blood pressure fine , only thing out of the ordinary is a rested pulse of about 85 bpm , but its kinda genetic since my father also has it , and other then that my heart is fine for the moment (my father has some issues but of course brought by old age)
The pain is lessened if i find a comfortable position with my neck usually lying on the bed without a pillow, but as the pain radiates to my right side its very difficult to find one.

Thank you for the patience to read it all.
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include postural issues, spinal structural defects, neuro-muscular causes, injuries, inflammations, degenerations, nutrient/ micronutrient deficiencies etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!