Back & Neck Community
READ THIS IF YOU WANT TO HELP FIX YOUR ISSUE

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

I haven't been on the forum for a while as I have been busy trying to fix my back.

Back in March, I was diagnosed with a 6 mm herniated disc between L4 and L5.  Life sucked, it really sucked bad.  I went to physical therapy for 3 months 2-3 times a week, I saw a little improvement but the pain was still there and that funny feeling in my left leg wouldn't go away.  I went to Egoscue, that also helped but didn't fix the issue.  I purchased an inversion table and that helped me a great deal.  It relieved the pressure from my back but also didn't completely fix the issue.  I threw a great deal of money towards trying to fix my back but the pain was still there.

I have searched high and low for a fix to my back problem as surgery was out of the question for me.  On my search I kept coming across a doctor named Rick Morris in Santa Monica but didn't pay much attention to it as I thought it was too good to be true and so it had to be a scam. I asked my physician what he thought of spinal decompression and he told me it was a scam so he put doubt in my mind but there was nothing my physician could do for me other than surgery.  As you all know after a while the pain gets to you, it starts to wear you down, day after day of misery so you're willing to try anything and take a chance it could help you.  I can honestly say I had tried every option my physician suggested and it didn't work and really he wasn't the one who was suffering, I was.  I took a chance and I made an appointment with Dr. Morris and today is Sept. 11 and I am completely pain free.  100% pain free.  That's not to say that I'm jumping out of planes or going to kick boxing classes (yet) but my day to day life is pain free. I work out every day with the exercises Dr. Morris has taught me and really if working out every day is what I have to do, then so be it.  It ***** after a long day at work and then coming home to kids but it's worth it.  After I do my workout, I feel like a new person.  Sometimes I feel a little pressure in my back but I don't doubt that as I get stronger those seldom days will also be something of the past.

If you're lucky enough to live the Los Angeles area, this guy is the answer to your problem.

I know it sounds crazy, as it sounded crazy to me but I just wanted to share my experience and hopefully help someone out there who is suffering like I was.

Lilly