Recent Fusion of C 4, 5, & 6
August 3, 2009 I had the anterior fusion of c 4,5,6.  Plus, the removal of all arthritis spurs that were against my spinal cord.  As well as spinal adjustment.  My cervical spine had a bow in it & was shifted to the left.  It is corrected & the metal plate attached.  Afterward, I was told while the fusion would heal nicely & the pain be removed; the spinal cord would take a year.  Also, the spasms i was experiencing in my muscles & nerves would continue for quite sometime as it take them a bit to settle down.   I am already off the vicodin (been seven days now).  I have allergies to codeine & morphine so the sooner the better to get off these drugs. Plus, I have a high tolerance for pain and ice works magic on spasming muscles, & nerves.

However, I was NOT prepared for these headaches.  Holy cow.  I move my head it hurts.  I lie down it hurts, turn my head.  It is only on the left side & top left.  Last time I asked my surgeon he said it was the withdrawal from the vicodin.  I told him I was still on it when these would crop up.

What is the cause of headaches?  

Thank you for listening.