Back & Neck Community
Results of the MRI on my back

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Results of the MRI on my back

I've been having a lot of problems with my back, so on Thursday of last week my doctor ordered an MRI. He just called and said that it's no wonder I've been complaining of pain. The MRI shows disc herniation at the 3/4 lumbar... arthritis... degenerative disc disease at 3 3/4 4 and 5... and that I have annular ligament tears. He said there really isn't much I can do but give it time to heal and take some over the counter anti-inflammatories, etc. and use ice treatment and then he's sending me to a back clinic.

The question I have is arthritis the same thing as DDD or are those two different things? He said that I had arthritis and then he said that I had the DDD happening. I'm only 32 and I've been in a lot of pain. They gave me 5mg hydrocodones, but I've been having to double them to 10mg to get relief.

I'm not quite sure what to do... all I know is that I hurt a lot and I don't know what to do to fix myself. Anyone have any advice?