Reverse neck curve
Today I went to a chiropractor for neck pain (due to a bad car accident, I was rear ended by a semi at a red light, hitting the person infront of me, my car was a total loss, and I remeber my neck being jolted foward and back twice).

The x-rays showed I had a reversed neck curve, and the doctor told me I had several spurs.
He asked if I had ever had neck/back pain before the accident, which  I have not.
He also said that he hasn't seen a case like this in a 21 one year old like myself and that it's bad(he compared my curve to a 30-40 year old) and told me treatment can be done.However, when I asked if this can be fixed and what would happen to me, he wouldn't answer and told me to wait until I come in next to discuss the xrays & treatment. He then proceeded to tell me he wants my mother to come in since it's most likely hereditary and have her checked out as well and treated..in the manner he told me all of this he scared me, he didn't answer my questions and wrote me off on other problems I had from the crash..I have yet to see the xrays and have been doing a lot of research. Is there anyway to fix this? Or treat it? He wants me to continue treatment for up to 2 years AFTER my case is finalized(my lawyer refered me to him).
Hi...reversal of the cervical lordosis is typical with whiplash from a MVA....I would go to a different dr to see what they suggest, but it is usually the muscles in the neck and back that twist and can cause this problem.....many times PT can help.

Do get a informed orthopedist or ask ur PCP about who u want to give u a second opinion.

Good luck
"selma"