Back & Neck Community
Right calf pain. Is it related to back?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Right calf pain. Is it related to back?

I injured my right knee about six months ago. I had an M.R.I. done, and tears to the meniscus and A.C.L. were found. About two months after the knee injury I began experiencing pain in my right calf as well. The calf pain is actually more bothersome than the knee pain. My family Doctor reffered me to a Surgeon whom I saw about three weeks ago.The Surgeon said that I needed to have orthroscopic surgery performed on my knee, but that the calf pain was unrelated to my knee. He recommended that my family Doctor investigate a possible back injury. I relayed this to my Doctor and was immediately sent for an x-ray, and have an appointment for an M.R.I. So whats thre big deal? Well I injured my right lower back about thirteen years ago. The pain I experienced was very bad. However it started in the lower right region of my back , and ran down my leg to my foot. Chiropractic assistance has kept this pain under control to date. But this calf pain I have is much different. It isn't running down the buttox and thigh to the calf. It is isolated to the calf only. Can this still be related to the back? Or do you think it is related to the knee or some other source?