Back & Neck Community
Right side of neck, back and chest hurts

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Hi everyone, since yesterday i've been having this sharp pain on the right side of my chest then later in the night it spreaded to my back. It also hurt when i breath and now i keep hearing/feeling a crackling sound in my back. I told my sister to massage me but it seems like the pain is much deeper because where ever she massaged me she just couldn't reach where the pain was coming from. Now this morning when i woke up i felt a bit better but my shoulder, neck and back still hurt and i can still feel that crackling sound when i move my arm backwards. I don't know exactly what i did but i do have an idea that could have caused this...yesterday i lift a big gallon but the thing is i always lift it up and it never hurt me before, also this pain might be related to an injury that occured like 2 mths ago where i accidentally slam my right arm to the wall and i thought i broke it but i never checked it since it only turned red and bruised. This pain lasted about 2 wks but it was only a mild pain. Now my conclusion is that my arm might have been broken and healed and yesterday i put too much strain on that arm.... could this be the cause?

Thx in advance
Tags: Back, Neck, Chest, hurt.