Aa
A
A
Close
SEVERE BACK PAIN
does tylenol extra st. help with inflammation?
Cancel
4 Answers
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
You want to use ibrofun (spelling) for inflammation.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
681148 tn?1437665191
Correct.  Ibuprofen or Naproxen, but not both.  One or the other.  I find Naproxen the most helpful, as it works more quickly.  Aleve is a brand name for OTC Naproxen.  Tyelenol is in a different category.  Non Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDS) are the ones you want to treat inflammation.  Aspirin is also in this class.  Again, only use one form of these and not all of them.  
Comment
Cancel
681148 tn?1437665191
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
681148 tn?1437665191
Correct.  Ibuprofen or Naproxen, but not both.  One or the other.  I find Naproxen the most helpful, as it works more quickly.  Aleve is a brand name for OTC Naproxen.  Tyelenol is in a different category.  Non Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDS) are the ones you want to treat inflammation.  Aspirin is also in this class.  Again, only use one form of these and not all of them.  
Comment
Cancel
681148 tn?1437665191
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
503893 tn?1292103433
Tylenol is classified as an "analgesic" .  This is the same classification as asperin. The most common anti-inflammatories (NSAIDS - Non-Steroidal Anti-INflammatory) are Motrin (Generic = Ibuprofen) or Aleve (Generic = Naproxen or Naproxen Sodium). I agree - use only one of these. If you use Aleve be careful if you are on Neurontin because is a small amount of cases Aleve will interact with Neurontin and cause a 12 - 15% increase in the absorption of the Neurontin (I know this from first hand experience).
Comment
Cancel
503893 tn?1292103433
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Back & Neck Community Resources
Top Pain Answerers
547368 tn?1440545385
Blank