Back & Neck Community
SEVERE BURNING INTO BONE BASE OF SPINE/NECK

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

I have had 2 cervical fusions with the last resulting in a incomplete union of c5-6,  The first was C6-7 which fused fine. However in 1990 surgery done c5-6 without plates, screws, just bone plug from hip.   I now have such severe burning at the base of my skull when I sit at computer for more than 5 or 7 minutes I am in tears.   It stiffens up such that I can't move even and must move so slowly just to get up.  I was wondering since the fusion did not complete fuse would my symptoms or could my symtoms (symptoms) be attributed to the nerves that are being rubbed between unfused vertebrae.  Further I can no longer write legiably with a pen or pencil and used to have extremely legible handwriting but cannot hold writing utensil without hand becoming so week that I cannot even grip pen.  I can type but the sitting at a computer kills my neck. Anyone with suggestioins about what the heck is going on would be greatly appreciated my doctor seems to be pooping me off somewhat and I am concerned.  PS  Just sneezed and about when through the roof of house because of pain and shocks down spine.  thank so much anyone who can help me with answering some or part or all of my problems.  
I am so sorry for you're pain and lack of answers from you're doc..(typical)
I can't dx you I am not a doctor
all I can tell you is the burning is most definitely 'nerve' related
perhaps there has been further deterioration in you're cervical area resulting in this nerve impingement?
as I tell everyone...you're best bet for more reply's and some answers from people who suffer similar pain is to go to PAIN MANAGEMENT FORUM.
or..a GROUP called CHRONIC PAIN COUCH  (a place to vent and compare)..
to find groups look at the top right hand side of this screen where it says
'search medhelp' than type in 'chronic pain couch'
either of these forums will help you find some answers
good luck